Getting to know your body and what it’s telling you can be confusing! Here you will find links and helpful information to learn about how to optimize your health and guide yourself back to health if you’re not feeling your best.
General Health and Disease Specific Information
American Academy of Family Physicians provides health information for the whole family here.
The Cleveland Clinic is a trusted source of health information. Learn more here!
The Centers for Disease Control provides information on general health topics as well as timely information about current population health concerns. Click Here.
Prevention and Early Detection
- Immunization Schedules Click Here
- Health Screening recommendations ... please note that this information changes from time to time and should ALWAYS be personalized. Ask about specific screenings for you at your annual wellness exam.
Nutrition and Fitness
- General fitness information and advice on how to get started from the American Heart Association
- General Nutrition information from familydoctor.org
- Trusted holistic nutrition, fitness information from Dr. Mark Hyman...the ideal nutrition for weight loss, diabetes prevention and decreased inflammation.
- Working on flexibility and strength gives you a huge bang for your buck. Explore why adding yoga is a great place to start:
- More great info about strength training’s benefits
Healthy weight loss and maintenance is a topic dear to my heart and I enjoy helping everyone from those dealing with body issues at a healthy weight to those who have hundreds of pounds to lose with a personalized plan and support..
Here are some websites that discuss healthy ways to lose weight and feel confident and vibrant at any size.
- Weight Watchers has a long history of providing a supportive environment and reasonable nutrition plan for weight loss. Participating in a healthy community id key to success.
- Dr. Mark Hyman is a trusted source of integrative health information about healthy weight.
- Though located in Las Vegas, Blossom Bariatrics is a wonderful resource of bariatric surgery for weight loss and healthy weight maintenance.
- Weight loss is more than just calories in and calories out. Addressing our feelings and cultural traditions around eating is key. Click Here.
- Mindful eating is a key to a healthy relationship with food, but how do you do it? Dr. Michelle May has great ways to learn. Click Here.
- Are you waiting on weight to enjoy your life. Sometimes examining what areas of your life are lackluster and really working towards thriving in those areas is just what you need to feel happier, healthier and get the weight off. Sarah Jenks is a great resource for guidance. Click here.
- The National Alliance on Mental Illness provides support for families suffering with mental illness
- The National Institute of Mental Health’s website provides information on a broad range of mental health topics
- The American Academy of Child & Adolescent Psychiatry provides information and resources for youth’s mental health
- Mental Health Crisis...if you are feeling unsafe, please reach out to Netcare at 614-276-CARE
Healthcare Cost Help
Integrative/Holistic Health information
- The Institute of Functional Medicine promotes a well-rounded approach to wellness that gets to the root cause of chronic conditions. You can learn more about that approach here
- Dr. Mark Hyman, one of the leaders in functional medicine provides a lot of great information in his website
- The Environmental Working Group is on the cutting edge of advocating for healthier environment’s impact on healthier lives. They are a non-profit, non-partisan group dedicated to protecting human health and the environment. Learn more here.
- Mindbodygreen is a popular media outlet providing a lot of holistic health and wellness information with the goal of revitalizing the way people eat, move and live.
Sometimes the best medicine is looking outside of ourselves, having an attitude of gratitude and a lot of laughs. Here are some of my favorites!